Tips to Dressing Modesty
SO this is a great site...I just found it and I'll admit I haven't read everything on here but I wanted to write a bit of what I've learned about modesty. I dress modestly. My dad doesn't let me out of the house in anything else! I enjoy dressing modestly and feel uncomfortable dressed any other way. But, I also enjoy dressing fashionably!
I've learned some tips to do BOTH along the way. I thought I'd share some. :) 1) buy a size or two up. This hurts my self esteem but really helps in every other area. Jeans and tshirts and anything else do NOT need to be shrinkwrapped.
2) on the subject of jeans, think out-side-of-the-box. You can be stylish and not low-low cut and tigh-tight-tight.
3) LAYER. Tank tops are my best friends! They can turn a low, revealing shirt into a modest shirt. Hint: for higher necklines....see the junior girl's section of walmart. Just buy the bigger size..and so what if it's tight it's gonna be under stuff! I buy tanks with high necklines for low shirts and also long tanks for short shirts.
4) Cover up. I don't wear sleeveless dresses or tops very often without a little "shrug" on top.
5) swimsuits: shorts! You can find a modest tankini/onepiece if you look hard (this is one of the hardest parts of dressing modest!!) but invest in a pair of sport shorts to wear on top. Hint: be careful what material you buy them in...some chafe your legs while swimming)
5) This hint isn't necessarily about being modest but...shop at 2nd hand stores! Some of my very favorite items come from them. Treasures will be found if you look!
6) Last and most important tip: Be CREATIVE and develop your own style. Just because you're fashionable does NOT mean you have to be a carbon copy of everyone else.
OK...hope that helps some of ya..it was fun to write. :)
~Martha (NS, Canada)
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Return to Modesty.